Translate

Monday, October 3, 2016

Don't be afraid of the Deep!

1 Corinthians 2: 9-10
  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

As a child i can remember going to the creek close to where we lived. I can remember playing in the shallow water, watching the older kids and adults swinging from the rope swing into the deeper water. I can remember being scared to go and do it myself, but as I grew older I finally had the courage to try it for myself. What a feeling it was, jumping from that rope into the deep water! That was where the fun was at, how come I had been missing out all of those years? It is the same way with our walk with God. When we are young in our walk, we try to stay in the shallows, to afraid or unsure about venturing out into the deep, but as we mature that's where we need to be.

The Holy Ghost shows us the deep things of God while we pray and fast and through His Word. This is where we should stay in our spiritual walk. I know myself in times past have left too early from a deep move of the Holy Ghost while in prayer. Maybe if i would have just tarried a little longer i wouldn't have missed what the Lord was trying to impart into my spirit.

Luke 5:4-6
  Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Peter told the Lord, " Master we have been out here in the deep all night and nothing has happened." It might just be me, but i feel like the Lord was telling him that maybe if he had stayed out in the deep a little longer he would have gotten what the Lord wanted him to have!

I know the deep places are somewhere we're not used to, somewhere that makes us uncomfortable, but when we are out of our comfort zone that's where the growing takes place! Let's not be afraid to launch out into the deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment